We’re back at it again! We love sharing and highlighting the amazing shots you get of David Thompson Country and something we’ve noticed every time we’ve done this is just how many talented photographers seem to live and breathe adventure. The breathtaking times never seem to stop, so with that in mind, we put together some of the most epic adventure photos we came across, a greatest hits if you will. We’re confident in saying these are some of THE BEST year-round pictures of area and we hope you agree. Happy exploring, travellers!
1. Just going for a quick helicopter ride at Coliseum Mountain
2. You can never be too young to start hiking through Nordegg
A post shared by Janine Wagner (@janwags) on
3. Peeking through the clouds
You don’t need to be a bird to get a birds eye view. Join along as @Duracell is giving everyone the opportunity to see things differently with the first ever drone flight across Canada for #explorer150! To tune in just visit bit.ly/explorer150 or click the link in my bio to fly along and celebrate Canada’s 150th! Remember please drone responsibly. #explorecanada #canada150 #sponsored
A post shared by Stevin Tuchiwsky (@stevint) on
4. The snow shouldn’t stop you from being able to go for a rip when you please! Crimson Lake Provincial Park is the perfect place to go for a winter bike ride.
5. Looking for a grip at the End of the Line
6. Camping by the river
7. Frozen lakes, methane bubble and one awesome family outing
8. Taking on Abraham Lake
9. Taking in the tall sights
10. Nordegg can definitely provide opportunities for lifelong memories
11. Siffleur Falls looks great any time of year
12. You’d want to stop your car for this
13. Reflection by the Rockies
14. Have pupper, will travel
15. Exploring new trails on Coliseum Mountain
Now it’s your turn! Here are a few of the places mentioned above….
Other Blog Articles
Explore David Thompson Country
August 29, 2017
Patchwork: An interview with Beaver Creek Mercantile
Looking for the perfect place to learn and create something new? Beaver Creek Mercantile is a unique traditional quilt store to explore, for both new and experienced creators. Have a few questions about what this shop is all about? Want to learn more about how they give back to the community? Look no further! We […]
May 3, 2017
Siffleur Falls: One of Alberta’s Most Underrated Hikes
Featuring a breathtaking suspension bridge, two river crossings (North Saskatchewan and Siffleur), a boardwalk portion, panoramic canyon and mountain views, lush forested sections, the quietude of the Alberta backcountry and 3 thundering waterfalls – Siffleur Falls Trail is a impressive hike.
July 20, 2017
Our Top 19 Favourite Instagram Photos of David Thompson Country: Landscape Edition
Your photos of David Thompson Country just keep getting better and better! We had so much fun seeing your adventures in our Top 15 Favourite Instagram Photos of David Thompson Country: Water Edition article that we decided we just had to write a sequel. This time, your photographic mission was to capture the landscape of the area. As usual, you never cease to amaze us, travellers!