We’re back at it again! We love sharing and highlighting the amazing shots you get of David Thompson Country and something we’ve noticed every time we’ve done this is just how many talented photographers seem to live and breathe adventure. The breathtaking times never seem to stop, so with that in mind, we put together some of the most epic adventure photos we came across, a greatest hits if you will. We’re confident in saying these are some of THE BEST year-round pictures of area and we hope you agree. Happy exploring, travellers!
1. Just going for a quick helicopter ride at Coliseum Mountain
2. You can never be too young to start hiking through Nordegg
A post shared by Janine Wagner (@janwags) on
3. Peeking through the clouds
You don’t need to be a bird to get a birds eye view. Join along as @Duracell is giving everyone the opportunity to see things differently with the first ever drone flight across Canada for #explorer150! To tune in just visit bit.ly/explorer150 or click the link in my bio to fly along and celebrate Canada’s 150th! Remember please drone responsibly. #explorecanada #canada150 #sponsored
A post shared by Stevin Tuchiwsky (@stevint) on
4. The snow shouldn’t stop you from being able to go for a rip when you please! Crimson Lake Provincial Park is the perfect place to go for a winter bike ride.
5. Looking for a grip at the End of the Line
6. Camping by the river
7. Frozen lakes, methane bubble and one awesome family outing
8. Taking on Abraham Lake
9. Taking in the tall sights
10. Nordegg can definitely provide opportunities for lifelong memories
11. Siffleur Falls looks great any time of year
12. You’d want to stop your car for this
13. Reflection by the Rockies
14. Have pupper, will travel
15. Exploring new trails on Coliseum Mountain
Now it’s your turn! Here are a few of the places mentioned above….
Other Blog Articles
Explore David Thompson Country
August 28, 2017
Giddy Up: Adventures with JKL Trail Rides
When you think of the ultimate Alberta vacation – mountains and horses are likely two of the things that come to mind. Lucky for you, JKL Trail Rides conveniently combines these two elements – giving you the chance to enjoy a bucket-list worthy experience within a day’s drive of Calgary and Edmonton. With two locations in David […]
July 19, 2017
Our Top 17 Favourite Instagram Photos of David Thompson Country: Water Edition
Travellers of David Thompson Country always take the most amazing photos of the area, and we love when you share them with us! We love them so much, in fact, that we decided to make a list of some of our top favourite Instagram photos of the beautiful waters of David Thompson Country. Thanks for sharing!
September 5, 2018
12 Pictures of Awesomeness for the Summer of 2018 in DTCountry!
There was sun, fun, rain, smoke and wind, but in the end the summer of 2018 was awesome in David Thompson Country! Here are a few of our favorite pictures that people have shared while in DTCountry this summer. A rainbow to remember while hiking near Nordegg. Has anyone ever stood right in a rainbow? […]