We’re back at it again! We love sharing and highlighting the amazing shots you get of David Thompson Country and something we’ve noticed every time we’ve done this is just how many talented photographers seem to live and breathe adventure. The breathtaking times never seem to stop, so with that in mind, we put together some of the most epic adventure photos we came across, a greatest hits if you will. We’re confident in saying these are some of THE BEST year-round pictures of area and we hope you agree. Happy exploring, travellers!
1. Just going for a quick helicopter ride at Coliseum Mountain
2. You can never be too young to start hiking through Nordegg
3. Peeking through the clouds
View this post on Instagram
You don't need to be a bird to get a birds eye view. Join along as @Duracell is giving everyone the opportunity to see things differently with the first ever drone flight across Canada for #explorer150! To tune in just visit bit.ly/explorer150 or click the link in my bio to fly along and celebrate Canada's 150th! Remember please drone responsibly. #explorecanada #canada150 #sponsored
4. The snow shouldn’t stop you from being able to go for a rip when you please! Crimson Lake Provincial Park is the perfect place to go for a winter bike ride.
5. Looking for a grip at the End of the Line
6. Camping by the river
7. Frozen lakes, methane bubble and one awesome family outing
8. Taking on Abraham Lake
9. Taking in the tall sights
10. Nordegg can definitely provide opportunities for lifelong memories
11. Siffleur Falls looks great any time of year
12. You’d want to stop your car for this
13. Reflection by the Rockies
14. Have pupper, will travel
15. Exploring new trails on Coliseum Mountain
Now it’s your turn! Here are a few of the places mentioned above….
Other Blog Articles
Explore David Thompson Country
May 1, 2017
3 Unique, Unforgettable Stays in West Central Alberta
If you’re anything like us, you want every moment of your travels to be special. Everything from the wild adventures that left you breathless, to where you rested your head at night.
February 19, 2020
12 Adventures so far for Winter 2019/2020 in David Thompson Country
So far this has been a pretty nice winter, with the exception of a bitter week of -40 in January. A nice winter means better weather for being outside. These are 12 of our favorite adventure pictures/videos from winter so far. Flying around David Thompson Country with Rockies Heli Canada near Nordegg. View this […]
September 29, 2020
Hiking and Camping at Kinglet Lake – by Dustin Cressey
Hiking and Camping at Kinglet Lake – by Dustin Cressey The Highway 11 Corridor is home to some of Alberta’s most pristine outdoor spaces. It hugs the edges of the Rocky Mountains and contours the shores of Lake Abraham, creating a cinematic experience for all who venture this way. Most will head to Coliseum Mountain, […]